How can you offer the exam AND training at such a low price?
Thought Rock has full ownership of a vast library of ITIL® learning content, including the innovative online learning course and study notes for ITIL® Foundation. In addition, we have a tremendous partnership with PEOPLECERT. As such, we are able to bundle the ITIL® 4 exam and training course (and all of the other goodies) for the incredible price.
How much does it cost to get ITIL certification?
Is Thought Rock a legitimate company?
Yes, Thought Rock is a legitimate company and has been in business since 2006. We have had over 20,000 people complete our online course and successfully pass the online exam with PEOPLECERT. We are an accredited training partner with PEOPLECERT
Who administers your exams?
Our exams are administered by PEOPLECERT, an Accredited ITIL® Examination Institute – offering a high quality online exam experience. PEOPLECERT is an award-winning Examination Institute. PEOPLECERT accredits professional training and consulting organizations and manages certification schemes for knowledge-based workers, and has a global reach, with regional offices located around the world.
How do I register to take the exam?
- Visit PEOPLECERT
- Enter in the exam voucher ID that you received from Thought Rock.
- Choose a date and time. You can take your exam anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
When will I know if I have passed?
Results are calculated immediately after the exam has finished and you will be notified if you have passed or failed. PEOPLECERT will then send you an email with your detailed grading and a link to download your digital certificate.
How long do I have access to the course and exam?
What if I need more time, can I purchase an extension?
Yes, we offer a 30 day extension for an ITIL Foundation bundle for $50 US. You must purchase your extension before your bundle expires.
What exactly does the ITIL® Bundle include?
You get the following:
- ITIL® Foundation Online Course
- ITIL® Foundation Online Exam Voucher
- ITIL® Foundation Study Notes
- ITIL® Foundation Official Practice Exams
How long does the exam take?
60 minutes’ duration Multiple choice examination questions 40 questions 26 marks required to pass (out of 40 available). The passing grade is 65% Closed book. Click to learn more about taking ITIL exam online
Can I reschedule my exam with PeopleCert?
Yes, you can reschedule your exam with PeopleCert 48 hours before your scheduled time. If you need to reschedule 48 hours before your scheduled time then you will be required to pay an administrative fee directly with PeopleCert. Thought Rock will NOT handle any rescheduling of PeopleCert exams within 48 hours prior to your scheduled exam. For more information from PeopleCert, click here.
Is the exam open book or open note?
If you take the ITIL exams online, you need a video camera that shows the work area before starting the exam. With the exception of the ITIL Practitioner exam, all are closed book, no notes.
How long is the course?
What version of ITIL® Foundation do you offer?
Thought Rock offers the latest version of ITIL® Foundation which is the edition that was updated in 2019. For more information on the editions of ITIL® Foundation please read this article: wikipedia.org/wiki/ITIL
What’s the difference between ITIL v3 and ITIL 4?
In a nutshell, ITIL v3 describes Service Management around 26 processes and functions that are part of a continuous process of 5 life cycles: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement. All of the v3 body of knowledge is still very worthwhile and relevant!
ITIL 4 takes you through a more evolved view of a Service Value System (SVS), which provides a holistic end-to-end picture of what it really means to contribute to business value, and also integrates concepts from models such as Lean IT, Agile and DevOps.
This Foundation level course is the first course to be introduced by AXELOS in the new ITIL 4 certification scheme. The Foundation course is a mandatory requirement for all other levels.
What are the system requirements for taking the web - based ITIL Exam?
- Photo ID (A valid Government-issued ID that includes a photograph and date of birth in English characters, such as a National ID card, Passport, driving license, military card, or social security card.)
- A quiet room with sufficient light and a clean desk. No other persons are allowed to be present in the room.
- Windows® 10 (Windows 10S is not supported), Windows® 8.1, Windows® 8
- Internet Explorer version 10 or greater
- Dual-core 2.4GHz CPU or faster with 2GB of RAM (recommended)
- Active Full-Time/Broadband internet connection of at least 4Mbps
- 16-bit monitor (at least 15”) with screen resolution 1024 x 768 or higher
- Speakers and microphone (the use of headsets is only allowed during onboarding)
- Keyboard and mouse or another pointing device (keyboard set to English characters)
- A single web camera (embedded or external – no mobile phone) you can rotate.
Can I review the course after I have completed it?
Do you have a cancellation or refund policy?
We are able to cancel your ITIL® Foundation training and exam bundle if you have not accessed the course or reference material in any way prior to your 5 month expiry date. Refunds are not available after your expiry date or if you log into our LMS to view the course.
How do you redeem the Thought Rock coupon code?
Click here to learn how you redeem the Thought Rock coupon code.